At the ROCK, we Reach Out to Christ’s Kids!
Our mission is to shepherd children to experience a life-long journey with Jesus Christ.
We do this through our Values:
1) Bible based (all of our curriculum is rooted in and centered around the Word)
2) Welcoming and Enthusiastic Atmosphere (everyone from our welcome desk greeters to our classroom shepherds are excited to teach our children at the ROCK. We create a welcoming, fun and energetic environment for children to learn about God.)
3) Interactive Learning (we use curriculum that engages all of the sensory aspects of learning about God and provide various creative methods of presenting God’s word to all developmental levels.)
4) Engaged Shepherding (we have a structure and routine to identify, educate and nourish leaders, also known as Shepherds, of the ROCK Sunday morning program.)
5) Personal Relationship with Christ (we introduce and cultivate children’s relationship with Jesus Christ through our relationships with the children and through Biblical teachings).
We emphasize our mission and core values beginning at Nursery age where we nurture babies and toddlers emotionally, physically and spiritually. We find inspiring ways to introduce young children to Jesus.
Nursery (Birth up to 2 years)
The Nursery is provided at all worship services (8:25, 9:45 & 11:00/11:05) and many special events. It is our goal at The ROCK to provide a safe and secure loving environment for your child and become your partner in your child’s faith journey. If you are dropping your infant up to 24 month year old child off in the Nursery, please stop by the Nursery desk on the ground floor of the Templeton building to sign in, where you will be guided to your child’s room and equipped with a special pager to keep in touch with the Nursery during worship and Sunday school. Class rooms G4 & G6 are used for Sunday Morning Services Nursery.
A Greeter would be happy to direct you to the Nursery area of the church. See www.fumc-cary.org/nursery with more detailed information for parents. Contact: Christie Brown, our Program Coordinator at 468-1861 x233 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
2 year old through 5th grade
We continue to emphasize our core values and find inspiring ways to introduce young children to Jesus with the Preschool through 5th graders. We follow a large group/small group model for teaching at the 9:45a hour where children start their morning with a visit large group with their class where the Bible is taught creatively and is child-targeted, relevant and fun! The second half of the hour is spent in age based small groups where relationship and community are built and children begin to see the relevant application of the Bible truth to everyday life.
Age Class Name Room Number (all are in the
0-2 yrs old Pebbles Ground floor, 2 year old class meets in
3 years old Climbers Ground floor, 3 year old A meets in
room G10 and 3 year old B meets in room G12
4 years old Adventurers 1st floor, 4 year old A meets in room 102
and 4 year old B meets in room 104
Kindergarten Seekers 1st floor, Kindergarten A meets in room 106
and Kindergarten B meets in room 108
1st Grade Hikers 1st floor, 1st grade A meets in room 112
and 1st grade B meets in room 110
2nd Grade Trekkers 2nd floor, 2nd grade A meets in room 202
and 2nd grade B meets in room 204
3rd Grade Searchers 2nd floor, 3rd grade A meets in room 206
and 3rd grade B meets in room 201
4th Grade Cliff Hangers 2nd floor, 4th grade A meets in room 208
and 4th grade B meets in room 210
5th Grade Peak 2nd floor, 5th grade A meets in room 212
and 5th grade B meets in room 216
Matthew 7:24, 25
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.