First United Methodist Church - Cary
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Connect with God, People, and Service
Camp Chestnut Ridge:
(for rising 1st - 8th graders) Chestnut ridge has 362 acres of forest and a 10-acre lake. Signature programs include: the community farm, challenge courses and environmental education.
Campers are invited July 8th-12th &/OR August 5th—9th, 2013 for a week of day camp
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 1ST, 2013 - please follow instructions below to sign up (campers need not be FUMCC church members.)
NOTE: you must sign up with *both* Chestnut Ridge (for camp) AND FUMCC (for chaperoning transportation) - don't forget to do both
1. Go to https://registration.campbrain.com/Portal/Login.aspx?H=ChestnutRidge&G=117 - and follow the instructions to register online with Camp Chestnut Ridge (this is just like last year).
2. Once you log in you will choose "Church Day Camp" and then select the week and camp you want. It will say "First UMC Cary" on July 8-12 &/OR August 5—19, 2013. These are Sessions E & I.
3. All paperwork and payments can be completed on-line including for the Health History Form. Campers without this form submitted will not be allowed on the church transportation.
4. Go to Sign Up Genius: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C054FAEAD283-busvan1 and sign up to chaperone or drive a van to or from camp. Camp is a great experience for your kids and FUMCC is thrilled to be able to get them to and from Camp Chestnut Ridge July 23-27 &/OR August 6—10th, 2012. For this to happen safely, we require a driver and chaperone on each bus or van going to camp. The bus driver is specially qualified by the church, but van drivers can be any FUMCC church member with a valid driver's license (of which we have a copy ahead of time). If last year is any indicator, we could have a large number of children signed up for camp this year and could need 3 vans, in addition to the bus, going to Efland each day. The bus/vans will leave the FUMCC parking lot at 8:00 AM each day to get the kids to camp at 9:00 AM. We will leave a bus and any additional vans at the camp and all drivers/chaperones will ride back in one van. We should return by 10:00AM. We will leave the church parking lot at 4:00 PM to pick up the kids by 5:00 PM. We should be back by 6:00 PM depending on traffic. Please sign up to chaperone (or drive if you are a church member and are comfortable driving) at least one trip, either to or from camp.
- Price has gone up.....for Church Day Camp this year it is $225 per camper per week. This is a substantial discount off the normal day camp price which is $275 this year.
- Unfortunately, there is no discount for the residential camp.
- Day camp is from 9a - 5p (church transportation leaves at 8a and returns about 6p each day)
- Mudpuppies (the youngest campers) do not have majors, all others do and should register early for the best selection of majors.
- If you are interested in a scholarship for Day Camp (sorry, scholarships are not available for residential campers), please email Stacy Harrell at email@example.com for an application and details.
-Residential camp is a fantastic opportunity at Chestnut Ridge! Overnight campers can use the same link to sign up, they will just choose "Resident Camp" and then sign up for the week and camp that they want. It will not say "First UMC Cary" for the resident campers, but we would encourage you to choose one of the weeks (session E or I) that FUMCC is going to day camp as that's when your other camper friends from FUMCC will be there. Overnight campers arrange their own transportation.
-Definitely check out the Church Day Camp page as well as the Camp page that corresponds with your campers' grade levels. (Mudpuppy, Waterdog, Dusky)
- You do not need to be a church member to sign up for FUMCC day or residential camp.
FUMC-Cary Invites all children to step right up at EVERYWHERE FUN FAIR: Where God's World Comes Together Vacation Bible School. Explore and Experience God's Welcoming Love at VBS! The fun begins July 15th and ends July 19th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm here at FUMC-Cary
The adventures include interactive Bible fun and great music, super science, cool crafts, hands on mission work, global games, and much, much more! To be apart of all the excitement at Everywhere Fun Fair,
sign up here: www.easyreg.org